What is the Picture-in-Picture?
The Picture-in-Picture (PiP) is a mini Player which can be activated when the Player is embedded on your properties.
Once activated, this Player is visible once the main Player is out of sight for your audience.
The PiP allows you to continue to watch your content while browsing on your current page.
Enable the PiP on your website
You can manage your Picture-in-Picture behavior directly from your Player configuration interface. If you want to learn more, please read our Manage Player documentation.
The Picture-in-Picture has 3 different modes:
- Instant: PiP will launch once the main Player is loaded, even if it has not been visible yet
- On: PiP will launch once the main Player is no longer visible
- Off: PiP and its mini Player are disabled - your audience will only see your content when the main Player is visible
Understand and customize PiP positioning
When the PiP is activated, it has a default position set depending on the device:
- On wide screens, the PiP will be displayed at the bottom right corner of the page
- On narrow screens, the PiP will be displayed at the top of your page
The PiP position can be customized and repositioned to fit your user experience needs via CSS rules directly set on your website.
Please read our Developer documentation to get PiP positioning best practices and code samples.