The comments and username will be available in more countries in the coming months.
You can share your opinions, debate and discuss with other users by using the Comments section available on each video uploaded on Dailymotion.
To start discussing with the Dailymotion community, you'll have to create a username which will be displayed next to each comment you've posted.
This article will allow you to get more information about our username policies and how to create your username.
Create a username
To create a username, you'll need an active Dailymotion account. This account must be validated via the code received per email.
If you don't have a Dailymotion account yet, we invite you to read our dedicated article.
Create a username on an existing account
If you already have a Dailymotion account that has no username, we invite you to proceed as follows to create one:
- Open your Dailymotion app and open a video
- Click on Comments
- Click on Write a Comment
- Type your comment and press Comment
If your account doesn't have a username already assigned, a new page will appear to let you fill your account username.
All you have to do now is to fill a username following our username policy and click on Validate.
Your comment will be posted, and your username will be assigned to your account.
To be valid, your username must:
- Be unique (i.e you can't have the same username than another user)
- Be at least 3 characters and maximum 27 characters long
- Start with an alphanumerical character
- Contain authorized character (lowercase, numbers
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I change my username?
Can I customize my avatar?
- If you are a standard user, your avatar will be automatically set with the first letter of your username.
- If you are a partner, your avatar will be automatically taken from your channel settings.