Your Dailymotion Studio allow you to optimize your Player by letting you decide if you want to add SEO metadata to your embed codes. SEO metadata help search engines better understand the content of your video to bring more traffic on your website.
In this article, you'll learn more about the different metadata available and how to easily generate an embed code with SEO metadata.
Manage SEO metadata in your embed codes
You can easily generate embed codes that include SEO metadata with the following steps:
- From your Dailymotion Studio, go to Media > Videos
- Click on the ... menu located on the right of your video
- Select the Embed video option
- From the dropdown menu, select one of your custom Players
- Click the Other options dropdown to display the SEO toggle:
- If the SEO button is selected: SEO metadata are automatically added to the embed code below
- If the SEO button isn't selected: your embed code won't include SEO metadata
- Copy the integration code that best fit your needs (Embed Script or iFrame) and use it on your website
As of today, here are the SEO metadata exposed on Dailymotion embed codes when the option has been activated:
|The title of the video
The description of the video. HTML tags are ignored.
The date the video was uploaded on Dailymotion, in ISO 8601 format.
A URL pointing to the video thumbnail image file.
The duration of the item (movie, audio recording, event, etc.). The duration of the video in ISO 8601 format.
For example, PT00H15M2S represents a duration of fifteen minutes and two seconds.
|A URL pointing to a player for a specific video. In general, this is the information in the src element of an embed tag and should not be the same as the content of the loc tag.
This tag is only working on Google.
When a video is a live event, this tag is added to enable the Google LIVE badge on the search results.