What is Native Picture-in-Picture ?
Native Picture in Picture (PiP) allows you to continue to watch Dailymotion content while using other apps on your mobile device.
Native Picture-in-Picture shrinks the player into a smaller version that can be moved around the home screen and placed wherever you want, which allows you to keep watching your Dailymotion content when you are using other apps on your device.
How does it work?
When you are in Native Picture-in-Picture mode you can enable the controls by tapping / hover your mouse over the content. In this mode you can:
- Play & Pause the content through the dedicated buttons
- Dismiss the content by tapping / clicking on the cross button
- Move the player anywhere on the screen with a drag & drop
- Resume playback in the Dailymotion environment, by tapping / clicking on the expand player button.
How can I activate the Native Picture in Picture?
You'll need to use a device running on Android 8.0 (and above) and use the Dailymotion native application to use the Native Picture in Picture.
The feature will be automatically activated if you browse the app and switch to another app or go back to the Android home.
If you want to disable this feature, follow these step:
- Go to your Android Parameters > Apps > Apps
- Tap the menu on the top right corner and select Special access > Picture-in-picture
- Select the Dailymotion app and toggle off "Allow picture-in-picture"
iOS & iPadOS