Dailymotion enables partners to publish their content directly to YouTube so that they can efficiently distribute their content across all platforms
What you need:
- A YouTube channel
- A Google account
- A project created on the Google Console, using the Youtube Data API
- A YouTube client ID and client secret
In this article, you'll learn how to set up your Youtube and Google account, and how to integrate in within Dailymotion.
Set up your Youtube account
Here is a 4 step guide to know how to create your project from scratch and be ready to integrate your Youtube account in your Partner Space.
Create your project
First you need to create a project within your Google Console.
This project will allow you to enable the Youtube Data API, set up your consent screen and your oAuth client ID.
- Go to your Google Console (https://console.developers.google.com/apis)
- Click on Create a new project.
- Select a name for your project and click on Create
You will be redirected to your project dashboard. The next step is to enable the Youtube data API to your project.
Enable Youtube Data API
To be able to link your Youtube account to your Dailymotion account, you will have to enable the Youtube Data API on your project.
- Go to your Google Console dashboard (https://console.developers.google.com/apis/dashboard)
- From the dashboard, click on Enable APIs and Services
- Scroll down to find the Youtube APIs and enable the Youtube data API v3
Your projet can now request information ou Youtube using the right API. You will now have to configure security and accesses information and set up a consent screen
Set up your consent screen
The Youtube data API is now activated, you can now Oauth consent screen:
- Choose User Type External
- Define an Application name
- Add dailymotion.com in the Authorized domains field
- Click on Create
You are almost done! All you have to do now is to configure the screen which will allow you to connect your Google / Youtube account by setting up your oAuth client ID
Set up your oAuth client ID
This is the last step, you can now create your oAuth client to be able to connect through the
- On the left manu panel, navigate to the Credentials section and click on Create credentials.
- From the dropdown menu, select Oauth client ID
- Select Web Application and click on Create
- Enter a Name for your Oauth Client ID
- Allow http://www.dailymotion.com and https://www.dailymotion.com in Authorized redirect URLs
- Click on Create
Congratulations, your Oauth client ID has now been created and your project is ready for the Multiple upload solution in your Partner Space.
Please note that it may take up to 15 minutes to generate your client ID and client secret.
Once you've successfully created your project and set up your oAuth client, you will be able to start your integration within the Partner Space.
Link your Youtube channel with Dailymotion
Connect your account
- Go to Connect accounts, within the Channel section
- Click on Connect an account
- Enter your Client ID and Client Secret from your oAuth client in the Google Console
- Accept our Multiple Upload Solution Terms and Sign in with your Google Account
A Google log-in screen will pop up, and you will be able to connect your Google / Youtube account in this space.
Set up your integration options
- Select (one of) your YouTube channel you want to connect within the dropdown menu
- Select if you want to enable automatic publish of every video
- Click on Link account
Your Dailymotion channel is now connected to your YouTube channel!
Automatic and manual methods for publishing videos directly to YouTube
- Go to your Partner Space, in the Media section
- Select the video you want to publish and click on Publish on external platforms
- Edit your metadata (title, description, tags, video visibility, publication date...)
- Select if you want to allow embed for this specific video
- Click on Upload to publish your video to Youtube