As a Dailymotion content Partner, you are asked to set the nature of the audience targeted by your channel and/or specific videos. Content Partners who do not create content for kids also need to specify their target audience.
To this end, Dailymotion offers several audience settings in your Dailymotion Studio:
- At the channel level, which will set all of your future and existing content as 'created for kids'. This option is appropriate if children are the primary audience of your entire channel.
- Or, at the video level. If you choose this option, you’ll need to set for each existing and future video whether it is created for kids or not. This option is more appropriate if some of your videos are child-directed but not the entire channel.
Controls at the channel level
If all the videos in your channel can be identified in the same way:
- In your Dailymotion Studio, go in Channel > Advanced
- Select “Yes, set this channel as Created for Kids” or “No, set this channel as Not Created for Kids" as applicable
- Let your Dailymotion content manager know that you have already labeled your channel
Controls at the video level
If you upload a new video:
When you upload a new video, select the “Yes, my content is created for kids” or “No, my content is not created for kids” option depending on the content’s characteristics. You will see the same options when you are creating a live stream.
If you upload videos through the API:
When you upload a new video through the API, use the mandatory parameter
is_created_for_kids to set your content’s characteristics. Each new uploads needs to be flagged, even if your channel has been already labeled as "created for kids".
If you need to flag videos already on your channel:
- In your Dailymotion Studio, go to Media > Video
- Open the video you want and go to Video details
- Select "Yes, my content is created for kids" or "No, my content is not created for kids" as applicable
- Let your Dailymotion content manager know that you have already labeled your videos
- Failure to set your content appropriately may result in suspension or termination of your Dailymotion account or have legal consequences under COPPA and other laws
- Please note that identifying a video or a channel as 'created for kids' will have an impact on the availability of certain features of our service, such as the personalization of ads
- If your content features inappropriate scenes for young audiences, you are required to add a content restriction