As a Dailymotion content partner, you are asked to set the nature of the audience targeted by your channel and/or specific videos. Even content partners who do not create content for kids need to specify their target audience.
To this end, Dailymotion offers several audience settings in your Partner Space:
- At the channel level, which will set all of your future and existing content as 'created for kids'. This option is appropriate if children are the primary audience of your entire channel.
- Or, at the video level. If you choose this option, you’ll need to set for each existing and future video whether it is created for kids or not. This option is more appropriate if some of your videos are child-directed but not the entire channel.
Controls at the channel level
If all the videos in your channel can be identified in the same way:
- Go to the “Channel” section inside the Partner HQ.
- Select “Yes, set this channel as Created for Kids” or “No, set this channel as Not Created for Kids" as applicable.
- Let your Dailymotion content manager know that you have already labeled your channel.
Controls at the video level
If you upload a new video:
When you upload a new video, select the “Yes, my video is created for kids” or “Not, my video is not created for kids” option depending on the content’s characteristics. You will see the same options when you are creating a live stream.
If you upload videos through the API:
When you upload a new video through the API, select the "Yes, my video is created for kids" or "Not, my video is not created for kids" option depending on the content’s characteristics. You will have to flag new uploads, even if your channel has been already labeled as "created for kids".
If you need to flag videos already on your channel:
- Go to the "Media" section inside the Partner HQ.
- Click on "Advanced settings" for each of the videos.
- Mark the "created for kids" or "not created for kids" option as applicable.
- Let your Dailymotion content manager know that you have already labeled your videos.
- Failure to set your content appropriately may result in suspension or termination of your Dailymotion account or have legal consequences under COPPA and other laws.
- Please note that identifying a video or a channel as 'created for kids' will have an impact on the availability of certain features of our service, such as the personalization of ads.
- If your content features inappropriate scenes for young audiences, you are required to add an age restriction.