By using Dailymotion, you are required to comply with various child protection standards regardless of your location.
Proper identification of the audience of the content you post on Dailymotion is part of your contractual commitment and may be necessary to fulfill legal obligations (including obligations under Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, the European Audiovisual Media Services Directive and/or other applicable laws).
How to comply with these rules?
- We require you to indicate whether or not your videos are created for kids. To set the audience of your channel or your video, please refer to this article.
- Failure to set your content appropriately may result in suspension or termination of your Dailymotion account or have legal consequences under COPPA and other laws.
Why these rules?
These rules help to ensure that:
- Young audiences can access content that is appropriate to them.
- Personal information of minors watching content identified as created for kids is processed in conformity with applicable laws.
- If you seek guidance to determine whether or not your content is child-directed, please refer to this article.