Any content that legitimizes or glorifies extremist and/or terrorist organizations, individuals or acts is prohibited on Dailymotion.
These rules apply to all forms of content available on Dailymotion, including videos and/or livestreams, descriptions or titles of videos, thumbnails, keywords, playlists, channels, and usernames.
What kind of content infringes these rules?
In particular, our users are prohibited from uploading any content :
- Inciting to commit and/or glorifying terrorist or violent extremist offenses;
- Praising, glorifying and/or supporting violent and/or terrorist extremist acts, individuals or groups;
- Supporting terrorist and/or violent extremist ideologies;
- Encouraging participation in violent, terrorist or extremist organizations or seeking to recruit individuals into those organizations;
- Providing instructions on methods or techniques for the commission of terrorist offences;
- Containing images, sounds or symbols (such as names, logos, flags, slogans, uniforms, gestures, greetings, illustrations, and other discourses) intended to depict violent, terrorist or extremist organizations or individuals;
- Produced by violent criminal, extremist and/or terrorist organizations;
- Depicting hostages out of educational, documentary, artistic or scientific context;
- Posted solely to soliciting, threatening or intimidating people on behalf of a terrorist or extremist criminal organization.
This list is non-exhaustive.
How do I report terrorist content?
We invite our users to report such content on Dailymotion via the "report" button next to each video, by selecting the category "Terrorism" on our reporting form.
These reports allow us to identify content that may infringe our Prohibited Content Policy. Content that violates this policy will be removed from our platform.
You can find out more about our reporting process on our dedicated article.
How do we process your report?
To learn more, please read our dedicated article here.
- In order to identify terrorist content, Dailymotion relies on official consolidated lists of violent extremist organizations published by the UN and the European Union.
- As a member of the Tech Against Terrorism initiative, we are committed to tackle terrorist exploitation of the internet, whilst respecting human rights.