Dailymotion is committed to the defense of human rights. To this end:
- we do not allow any organizations or individuals that proclaim a violent mission or are engaged in violence to have a presence on Dailymotion.
- we do not allow content that expresses support or praise for organizations or individuals involved in these activities.
What types of organizations are banned from Dailymotion?
- Organized hatred against other groups of people.
- Human trafficking.
- Organized crime.
The creation of a Dailymotion account by these groups, individuals, or by third parties on their behalf is strictly prohibited by Dailymotion. Any account managed by such groups or individuals that is reported to Dailymotion is deleted. In order to identify them, Dailymotion relies on official consolidated lists of violent extremist organizations published by the UN and the European Union. Furthermore, as a member of the Tech Against Terrorism initiative, we are committed to tackle terrorist exploitation of the internet, whilst respecting human rights.
What types of content are prohibited regarding this policy?
Dailymotion strictly prohibits any content emanating from, supporting, or praising organizations or individuals claiming or involved in violent or criminal activities as defined in the previous section. This includes :
- Any content produced by these organizations.
- Any content glorifying any of these organizations, any of these individuals, or any act committed by them.
- Any content intended to recruit new members by these organizations or to incite individuals outside these organizations to commit violent acts.
- Any content displaying the symbols of these organizations in order to promote them.
- Any content that incites the commission of terrorist acts, homicides, or hate crimes.
We remove any content corresponding to these descriptions that are reported to Dailymotion. These rules apply to videos, video descriptions, thumbnails, playlists, video titles, live broadcasts, and any other functionality of Dailymotion.
What does not constitute violent extremist content?
Dailymotion excludes from this policy content dealing with terrorism and violent extremism for educational, journalistic, scientific, or artistic purposes. If you post such type of content, be sure to provide information about the nature of your project within the video, audio, or in its description. Visually offensive videos may be subject to an age restriction.
How do I report violent extremist content and/or groups?
If you discover content that seems to violate these rules, please report it.
- A reporting form is available by clicking on the "report" link located in the description of each video. Please select “Terrorism”. This is the quickest way to bring content that you find inappropriate to our attention.
- Make sure to use the free text field to provide us more details regarding your report. These details will be useful to contextualize your request and process it as quickly as possible.
If the flagged content is found to violate the laws of a territory and/or a country without infringing this policy, we will, where possible, restrict access to the content in the territory and/or the country where it is deemed illegal.