The dissemination of false, misleading and/or deceptive content that could disturb the public order and/or public opinion is prohibited on Dailymotion.
These rules apply to all forms of content available on Dailymotion, including videos and/or livestreams, descriptions or titles of videos, thumbnails, keywords, playlists, channels, and usernames.
What is disinformation?
Disinformation is a generic term that encompasses all verifiably false or misleading information which, cumulatively :
- is created, presented and disseminated for economic gain or to intentionally deceive the public; and
- may cause public harm, intended as threats to democratic political and policymaking processes as well as public goods such as public health, the environment or the security of persons.
What kind of content infringes these rules?
In particular, our users are prohibited from uploading any content :
- Involving a risk of major harm by presenting, illustrating, evoking an event using videos and/or photos related to a complete different event;
- Depicting manifestly false or inaccurate allegations and/or claims that may interfere with or alter the legitimacy of elections and/or censuses;
- Spreading false claims to delegitimize election results;
- Depicting false information that may harm the health of others;
- Conveying false information or rumors that may present a direct risk of injury and/or physical violence to others;
- Conveying false medical information that contradicts the ones recommended by local health authorities and/or by the World Health Organization (WHO);
- Involving exaggerated promises (without any fraud, otherwise included in our rules related to spam and fraudulent content), such as claiming that a miraculous treatment could cure chronic diseases such as cancer and diabetes;
- That have been modified or edited to deceive users (beyond excerpts taken out of any context) and represents an important risk of major harm
This list is non-exhaustive.
How do I report disinformation?
We invite our users to report such content on Dailymotion via the "report" button next to each video, by selecting the category "Disinformation" on our reporting form.
These reports allow us to identify content that may infringe our Prohibited Content Policy. Content that violates this policy will be removed from our platform.
You can find out more about our reporting process on our dedicated article.
How do we process your report?
To learn more, please read our dedicated article here.
If the flagged content is found to violate the laws of a territory and/or a country without infringing this policy, we will, where possible, restrict access to the content in the territory and/or the country where it is deemed illegal.