Our search engine allows you to enrich your browsing experience and helps you to find different kind of content based on a list of categories and filters you've selected.
How can I use the search on Dailymotion?
- Go to the Dailymotion
- Click on the search field on the header, from the homepage as well as on most pages of the site.
- Type your keywords and the search will automatically start
From there you will be able to select a content category or filter the search results.
Use filters to improve your search results
When you are on the tab Videos, you will also be able to define filters to precise your search.
|Sorting||Define if the results should be sorted based on the views or the upload date
Allows you to specify a duration range for the videos returned by the search engine
Allows you to specify an upload date range for the videos returned by the search engine
Once your settings are set, the search will update itself automatically and you will be able to scroll down the page to load more results for your search.
How can I pick a content category?
You currently have different categories available to pre-filter your results:
- Lives (only on our native applications)
Clicking on one of these tabs allows you to make a first sorting in your search results.
In order to ensure the best search experience, the content has to match with different rules to be surfaced on the search engine.
- Your video is published and public on Dailymotion. (Learn more about Content visibility).
- Your video is not under an age gate / family filter (Learn more about the age restricted content).