We have developed rules to prohibit the publication of misleading or fraudulent content.
Spam, scams and/or any other deceptive practices intended to abuse or mislead users are prohibited on Dailymotion.
These rules apply to all forms of content available on Dailymotion, including videos and/or livestreams, descriptions or titles of videos, thumbnails, keywords, playlists, channels, and usernames.
What kind of content infringes these rules?
In particular, our users are prohibited from uploading any content:
- Constituting financial or investment-related scams (selling fake products or services, get-rich-quick scams, fake charities);
- Proposing the purchase or sale of personal information (such as the sale of login details allowing access to paid subscription services);
- Attempting to scam users by making exaggerated promises, such as claiming that a miraculous treatment could cure chronic diseases such as cancer, diabetes, etc. (the content of the video attempts to sell a product or remedy to users);
- Automatically generated by computers (bots) without worrying about quality or user experience;
- That is misleadingly or deceptively directing users to external content;
- Posted with the aim of artificially increasing metrics (number of subscribers, “likes”, number of views, etc.);
- Including misleading metadata or thumbnails or any content which does not match its title and/or description;
- Directing users to download harmful software, attempting to collect personal information;
- Posting the same content repeatedly on one or more channels
This list is non-exhaustive.
How do I report spam or fraudulent content?
We invite our users to report such content on Dailymotion via the "report" button next to each video, by selecting the category “Spam or fraudulent content" on our reporting form.
These reports allow us to identify content that may infringe our Prohibited Content Policy. Content that violates this policy will be removed from our platform.
You can find out more about our reporting process on our dedicated article.
How do we process your report?
To learn more, please read our dedicated article here.