We have developed rules aimed at banning hateful behavior and/or behavior that violates human dignity.
Dailymotion prohibits any content which contains hateful behavior and/or which undermines human dignity. Thus, Dailymotion strictly prohibits any content, behavior, or statements which aim to attack, insult, threaten, or incite to hatred, violence or discrimination against an invidicual or a group of indivualss on the basis of attributes or personal characteristics, real or supposed, such as:
- Sexual orientation
- Sex / gender
- Gender identity
- Serious illness
- Status (social, migratory, etc.)
- Eating disorder
These rules apply to all forms of content available on Dailymotion, including videos and/or livestreams, descriptions and titles of videos, thumbnails, keywords, playlists, channels, and usernames.
What kind of content infringes these rules?
Such hateful content may take the form of outrageous expression, terms of contempt, invectives, stereotyping, attempts to offend, stigmatization, dehumanization, declarations of inferiority, expressions of disgust, insults, marginalization, or provocations of hatred, violence, or discrimination against individuals or groups of individuals targeted because of their personal attributes or characteristics.
In particular, our users are prohibited from uploading any content:
- Promoting violence against an individual or groups of individuals based on one or more of their personal and protected attributes listed above;
- Relaying hateful, insulting or humiliating speeches or acts targeting, for example, the religious affiliation, gender, skin color, sexual orientation or disability of one or a group of individuals based on their personal and protected attributes listed above;
- Dehumanizing and/or devaluing an individual or a group of people based on their personal and protected attributes, notably by insinuating that they are inferiors;
- Insulting or defaming an individual or a group of individuals based on their attributes mentioned above;
- Encouraging, supporting or glorifying hateful ideologies (e.g. white supremacism, anti-LGBTQI+, antisemitism, asserting the superiority or advocating the dominance of a group of individuals over other individuals with one or more listed attributes etc.);
- Defending conspiracy theories claiming that a person or a group of people are dishonest or even malicious based on one of their personal and protected attributes ;
- Using stereotypes that incites or promotes hatred based on one or more of their personal and protected attributes;
- Encouraging, supporting, or promoting conversion therapy or any other practice aimed at changing or repressing a person’s actual or perceived sexual orientation or gender identity;
- Violating human dignity;
- Contributing to the exploitation of individuals (including human trafficking, forced labor, domestic servitude, slavery and/or prostitution);
This list is non-exhaustive.
How do I report hateful content?
We invite our users to report such content on Dailymotion via the "report" button next to each video, by selecting the category "Hateful content" on our reporting form.
These reports allow us to identify content that may infringe our Prohibited Content Policy. Content that violates this policy will be removed from our platform.
You can find out more about our reporting process on our dedicated article.
How do we process your report?
To learn more, please read our dedicated article here.
For more information on how to stay safe online and additional resources to deal with harassment and cyberbullying, please visit the following websites: