We have developed rules aimed at banning hateful behavior and/or behavior that violates human dignity.
Dailymotion strictly prohibits all content, behavior or speech intended to attack, insult, threaten, or incite hatred, violence or discrimination against an individual or group of individuals based on real or perceived personal attributes or characteristics, such as:
- Sexual orientation
- Sex / gender
- Gender identity
- Status (social, migratory, etc.)
These rules apply to all forms of content available on Dailymotion, including videos and/or livestreams, descriptions and titles of videos, thumbnails, keywords, playlists, channels, and usernames.
What kind of content infringes these rules?
In particular, our users are prohibited from uploading any content:
- Promoting violence against an individual or groups of individuals based on one or more of their personal and protected attributes listed above;
- Relaying hateful, insulting or humiliating speeches or acts targeting, for example, the religious affiliation, gender, skin color, sexual orientation or disability of one or a group of individuals based on their personal and protected attributes listed above;
- Dehumanizing and/or devaluing an individual or a group of people based on their personal and protected attributes, notably by insinuating that they are inferiors;
- Insulting or defaming an individual or a group of individuals based on their attributes mentioned above;
- Encouraging, supporting or glorifying hateful ideologies (e.g. white supremacism, anti-LGBTQI+, antisemitism, asserting the superiority or advocating the dominance of a group of individuals over other individuals with one or more listed attributes etc.);
- Defending conspiracy theories claiming that a person or a group of people are dishonest or even malicious based on one of their personal and protected attributes ;
- Using stereotypes that incites or promotes hatred based on one or more of their personal and protected attributes;
- Encouraging, supporting or promoting conversion therapy or any other sexual reorientation program;
- Violating human dignity;
- Contributing to the exploitation of individuals (including human trafficking, forced labor, domestic servitude, slavery and/or prostitution);
This list is non-exhaustive.
How do I report hateful content?
We invite our users to report such content on Dailymotion via the "report" button next to each video, by selecting the category "Hateful content" on our reporting form.
These reports allow us to identify content that may infringe our Prohibited Content Policy. Content that violates this policy will be removed from our platform.
You can find out more about our reporting process on our dedicated article.
How do we process your report?
To learn more, please read our dedicated article here.
For more information on how to stay safe online and additional resources to deal with harassment and cyberbullying, please visit the following websites:
- Stop Bullying (USA)
- Kids Help Phone (Canada)
- BullyingUK (UK)
- Project RockIt (Australia)