As a Dailymotion user, you can delete your Dailymotion account and erase all the data associated to your account. You can delete your Dailymotion account directly by reaching the dedicated interface, or by following those steps:
- Log-in to your Dailymotion account
- Click on Settings on the top right corner of your screen
- Click on Delete account
- Confirm by clicking again on Delete my account at the bottom of the page
- Confirm your password in the field displayed and validate your request.
We remind you that deleting your account will permanently and immediatly delete all the elements of your Library (uploads, playlists, liked videos, subscriptions, history...)
The deletion of your account will also erase all the personal data associated to your account (email address, birthdate, connection logs...), however we have the legal obligation to archive such data for a 12 months period after your account deletion.
Service ID (v1st)
Note that a unique digital identifier – a “Service ID” also called “v1st” - may have been associated to each of the devices you’ve been using to access the Dailymotion service.
- If you delete your account yourself, such unique identifier will continue to exist (unless you delete your cookies on all the devices you’ve used) but will no longer be linked to your account.
- As a lifespan of a unique identifier is 13-months, even if you do not delete it, it will eventually expire by itself within the next 13 months.
- You can find more information about this Service ID and its deletion process here and in our (notably under Section 2.2 or Section 8.6.1.a. if you are a California resident).
Delete a Partner account
As a Partner, you won't be able to remove your account directly from your settings as you have a contractual relationship with Dailymotion.
- First you'll have have to switch your Partner account to a standard user account. When it's done, you'll be able to follow the guidelines described above.
- If you want to get more information about the termination process, you can refer to the Section 13 of your Partner program agreement, available in your Partner Space unless you've signed a specific contract with Dailymotion.