By default, a playlist can contains up to 250 videos. Depending on your editorial choices, you may want to limit the playlist size to fit with your needs.
Limit your playlist size
You can limit the playlist size when you are creating your playlist, or through the following steps:
- Log into your Dailymotion Studio and go to Media > Playlist
- Open the Playlist you want to edit
- Go to the Advanced tab
- Turn on the Video limit toggle and define your limit (up to 250)
If you don't activate the toggle, your playlist is by default limited to 250, unless otherwise specified.
Replace or keep the videos when the limit is hit
You also have the ability to define what happens to your playlist once the video limit is hit:
- Block the addition of new videos...
- ...or Replace latest videos in the queue with newly added content.
Latest videos in the queue are defined based on the playlist order you have set.
For example if the playlist order is set to "Most viewed", when your playlist reaches its limit, least viewed videos in the queue will be removed and newly uploaded content with matching playlist criteria will be added to the playlist.
This is a great feature if you want to create dynamic top 10 for example.