You can find below a detailed description of all the features from the Record panel of your live dashboard.
Dailymotion enables you to record a live stream and create a video out of it. The recorded video will be available at the end of the live event as a VoD on Dailymotion.
You can set up a manual record ( start/ stop record) and activate an auto-record. The recorded video inherits metadata from the current live (title, language, tags, category, private, geoblocking)
The recorded video quality is always the best quality available and never the source.
- If the live is offline, the recording will start as soon as the live is on
- If the live is online, the recording will start from the moment you activated the button
This button allows you to manually record your live.
- You can auto-record and launch a manual recording at the same time
- When you click on "Start record", a timer will appear on the right-side of the button
- When you are done, click on "Stop record", a video will be generated a short time later
The maximum duration allowed for a live recording is 10 hours. So immediately after 10 hours, the recording is started again, into a new recording entity.
The minimum duration allowed for a live recording is 30 seconds. If the recorded video is below the minimum duration, the recording will be removed and no video will be created.