Streaming Live is a plan feature
Please reach out to your assigned Account Manager or our Support Team to subscribe and set up the feature on your account
Each of your live streams has a dedicated dashboard accessible from your Dailymotion Studio.
In this article, you will find a detailed description of all the features available in the Recordings section of your live dashboard.
This button allows you to manually record your live.
- When you click on Start recording, a red dot appears on the left-side of the button to indicate that the recording is on, and a video draft is created in the clip list with a timer on.
- When you are done, click on Stop recording. The generated video is available in the clip list and can be used and edited as you wish like any other video.
- You can auto-record and launch a manual recording at the same time.
- Once you stop the recording, the generated video is saved as a draft in the Clip list, as well as in Medias > Videos
- It inherits the metadata from the current live (title, language, tags, category, private, geoblocking)
- The quality is always the best quality available during the live, never the source
- The maximum duration allowed for a live recording is 10 hours. When reaching 10 hours, the current recording stops and is saved, and a new one automatically starts.
- The minimum duration allowed for a live recording is 30 seconds. Below this, the recording is automatically deleted.
The Clip list section appears once you have at least one manual or automatic recording of your live event.
When the recording is in progress, the video thumbnail displays a timer that shows the recording duration.
Once the recording is over, the video is available as draft and can be edited like any other video by clicking on its title.
From the Clip list, you can see your video confidentiality (public, private, password protected), and if it is a manual or an automatic recording of your live. Some quick actions are accessible via the menu on the right.