Partners with verification badge can set-up server-side GA integration to start receiving player events in their Google Analytics account.
This implementation is not recommended if you are performing an advanced GA integration. Please use client-side GA integration if you require high flexibility and customizability. Learn about the differences.
Steps to set-up server-side GA integration
Step 1: Log in to your Partner HQ account and Verify your domain. Once your domain has been verified, retun here and proceed to step 2.
Step 2: Add the Dailymotion dimensions to your GA account:
1) Sign in to your GA account.
2) Click Admin in the left navigation.
3) In the Property column's dropdown menu, select the property you are adding these dimensions to.
4) In that same column, click Custom Definitions > Custom Dimensions.
5) Click the +New Custom Dimension button, then complete steps 6 - 9 below to add each dimension listed in this table:
6) Enter the dimension Name.
7) Select Hit from the Scope dropdown menu.
8) Check the Active box to start seeing these dimensions in your Google Analytics accounts immediately. Leave the box unchecked if you are not ready to start using these dimensions. You can log in to change this setting at any time.
9) Click Create. Repeat until you have added all of the Dailymotion dimensions.
Important: Be sure the dimensions are mapped to the assigned index numbers as shown in the table above.
Note: Custom dimensions can't be deleted in GA once they are created. If you wish to stop using a custom dimension, sign in to your GA account and uncheck the Active box and click Save.
Step 3: Add the GA Tracking ID to your Partner HQ channel page.
1) To locate your tracking ID, sign in to your GA account.
2) Click Admin.
3) In the Property column's dropdown menu, select your property.
4) In that same column, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code.
5) Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
6) In a new tab, log in to dailymotion.com to access your Partner HQ account.
7) In the left navigation, click Channel > Advanced
8) Enter the tracking ID and click Save.
Step 4: This step is optional. If you want to configure your player to pass the client ID, refer to the code sample below. The client ID is used to tie events sent by your player with other events generated on your site.
Success! Your Google Analytics integration is ready to go.