Partners with a verification badge can set up a server-side Google Analytics integration to start receiving player events in their Google Analytics account.
This implementation is not recommended if you are performing an advanced GA integration. Please use client-side GA integration if you require high flexibility and customization.
Set up your server-side integration
Before setting up your server-side Google Analytics integration, you'll need to log into your Dailymotion account and verify your domain. Once your domain has been verified, continue to the steps below.
Add the Dailymotion dimensions to Google Analytics
- Sign in to your GA account and go to the Admin link in the left navigation menu.
- In the Property column's dropdown menu, select the property you are adding these dimensions to.
- In that same column, select Custom Definitions > Custom Dimensions.
- Click the +New Custom Dimension button. You will need to create 8 new dimensions shown below:
- For each dimension, enter the dimension Name and select "Hit" from the Scope dropdown menu.
Check the Active box to start seeing these dimensions in your Google Analytics accounts immediately. Leave the box unchecked if you are not ready to start using these dimensions (you can change this setting at any time).
- Click Create. Repeat until you have added all 8 of the Dailymotion dimensions.
NotesBe sure the dimensions are mapped to the assigned index numbers as shown in the table above.
Custom dimensions can't be deleted once they are created. If you wish to stop using a custom dimension, sign in to your GA account and uncheck the Active box and click Save.
Add the Google Analytics Tracking ID to your Partner HQ
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin link in the left navigation menu.
- In the Property column's dropdown menu, select your property.
- In that same column, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID will be displayed at the top of the page.
- In a new window, login to dailymotion.com to access your Partner HQ account.
- In the left navigation, select Channel > Advanced
- In the External Analytics section, add the Tracking ID in the Google tracking ID field and click Save.
Success! Your Google Analytics integration is ready to go.
Optional: Pass the client ID
If you want to configure your player to pass the client ID, refer to the code sample below. The client ID is used to tie events sent by your player with other events generated on your site.