As a reminder, the Ads.txt initiative only impacts monetization on embedded videos. If you do not embed dailymotion videos on your properties, you are not impacted by this initiative.
How can I continue to earn revenue on embedded videos?
In order to continue earning revenue via the Dailymotion player on your websites, you’ll need to make a quick update.
We’ve pulled together all the ads.txt lines you need in order to keep earning revenue on your websites through the dailymotion player. You can download this file on the bottom of the page.
All you have to do is:
- Download the dailymotion ads.txt file listed below
- Rename it as "ads.txt"
- Publish this file on the root level of your domain
- Set the read permission of this file to "World"
That's it! Your website is now ads.txt compliant, and your advertising will function as usual.
Click below to download Dailymotion's ads.txt. file.
How do I customize my ads.txt file?
Publishers can create an ads.txt file in Notepad or any other basic text-editing program according to the specifications set out by the IAB. The Ads.txt file must contain the following fields:
- Domain name of the advertising system, SSP or an ad exchange (ex. ‘google.com');
- Publisher account ID (a unique string of numbers/letters);
- Type of relationship (‘direct’ or ‘reseller’);
- Certification authority ID (currently TAG ID);
- Comments can be added in the file after the “#” symbol. The comments will not be taken into account by the crawler
This is how the string would look in an “/ads.txt” file:
google.com, pub-7019376976432612, RESELLER # video
Learn more about ads.txt here.