What is the queue ?
The queue enables you to keep your audience entertained and engaged by automatically queuing up a relevant video after each completed play.
The Queue drives user engagement through a carousel that appears automatically when the content ends.
From the carousel, you'll be able to trigger several actions:
- If you don't interact with the player, the next content in the carousel will automatically start after 6 seconds
- If you scroll / swipe horizontally to discover new content, the countdown will stop and you will be able to manually start the content you've selected
- If you want to watch the content again, you can use the replay button located in the top right corner of the screen
- The queue contains up to 10 new videos to discover for your audience
- The queue is enabled by default on all the embedded players
- The queue works seamlessly on mobile and desktop and adapts to any player size
Content rules for the Queue
In order to define the content that will be displayed in the queue, we apply the following set of rules in the following order :
- We check if the Next video field has been edited on the video edition panel
- If there is no Next Video set, we check if the queue has been customized (more details below)
- If no customization has been set, we will use the most recent public videos from the uploader's channel
- If the channel doesn't have any public videos, we will use recent and trending content from different uploaders
Can I customize the queue ?
Different options are available to customize the queue and manage it depending on your needs, your activity and your Dailymotion profile.
If you want to get more information in the queue management and customization, please read our dedicated guide