Google Chrome and Safari have recently updated their autoplay policies in order to improve their user experience. As a result, these browsers now control the rules around when a video will autoplay. Here is a breakdown of Chrome's rules:
- Autoplay with sound will be allowed when:
- The user has interacted with your domain in some way (click, etc.)
- On desktop, the user has previously played video with sound
- On mobile, the user has added the site to his or her homescreen
- Muted autoplay is always allowed on Google Chrome.
- In order to enable muted autoplay of the Dailymotion player, ensure that the embedded player has both the autoplay and mute settings enabled (autoplay=1&mute=1).
On Safari Desktop, autoplay can be enabled by updating the autoplay setting for the website embedding the player accordingly. If this rule is set to "Never Auto-Play," showcased below, autoplay will not be enabled for your site.