The repost feature lets you make clips from videos and publish them to your channel. It's a great tool for sharing videos and growing your audience. If a user reposts your video, you'll get even more views. Learn more about the feature here.
Note: All ad revenue generated from reposts is credited to the original uploader, not the reposter. Views are credited to both the original uploader and reposter.
Follow the steps below to repost a video (not yet available on mobile devices).
- Navigate to the page of the video you would like to repost.
Note: A repost button will not appear for videos you cannot repost such as live streams, paid content, or videos that channels have restricted from being reposted.
- Click the Repost button located beneath the player.
- Customize your repost's title using the Title text field.
- Use the Start at and End at fields or the trimming tool to choose the section you'd like to repost. You can also repost an entire video.
- Click the Repost button to share the video on your channel.
You can always view your reposts on your channel page by clicking the Reposts category in the channel navigation.
Note: If you cannot see a repost, it is typically because the original video has been deleted.
To learn how to disable reposts for your channel, go to our channel settings article.
To delete a repost, simply the follow the steps to delete a video.