Edit your video's basic information and metadata to optimize its search visibility. Scroll down to learn about best practices.
- Go to a video page and click the small pencil icon below the video to access to the Video Information and Settings page.
- In this first section, you can edit Video Title, Category, Language, Age Restrictions, Tags, and Description.
- Video Title: This is the title of your video that all users will see. Simple titles with keywords are usually best.
- Category: Choose the category that best suits your video's content.
- Language: Choose the language of your video.
- Content Restrictions (Age Gate): Check this box if your video's content is only suitable for adults per our policies. Learn more.
- Tags: Add up to 10 tags that fit your video's content. Make sure to use relevant keywords and topics.
- Description: Write a short description of your video. Concise descriptions with relevant keywords and useful links work best.
- On the left, by the preview player, you can edit your video's Thumbnail, Subtitles, and Annotations (partners only).
- Scroll down to edit the video's advanced settings as desired. These include:
- Click the Save button to save your changes.
Note: You can also delete a video from this page by clicking Delete in the lower-right corner.
By optimizing your metadata, you can make your videos more attractive and search-friendly.
Choose a clear, impactful, concise title that accurately reflects the content of your video. The title is the the first thing users will see.
A good title should :
- Clearly state the main topic of the video
- Feature powerful keywords first
- Be short and catchy
The description provides additional information about your video.
A good description should:
- Repeat the main keywords of the title
- Describe the video in just a few sentences
- Contain links to social media and/or other videos
Tags are keywords that describe your video.
Relevant tags should:
- Repeat the main keywords of the title/description
- Add the name of the channel/program
- Add few additional keywords
Note: You cannot exceed 10 tags per video.