Here is some information about different ways to upload videos.
To upload a large video catalog, please contact your content manager.
If you don't yet have a content manager, you can submit a request for video upload. Select Video upload from the drop-down and in the Description box, briefly explain that you are looking to upload a large video catalog and we will respond to you as soon as possible. We will need to use either MRSS, XML, or CSV.
Example of a basic mrss feed:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:media="http://search.yahoo.com/mrss/" xmlns:dcterms="http://purl.org/dc/terms/" xmlns:dm="http://www.dailymotion.com/dmrss/">
<description><![CDATA[Universal Pictures is an American motion picture studio]]></description>
<lastBuildDate>Wed, 10 Jul 2013 11:00:00 -0400</lastBuildDate>
<title><![CDATA[Back to the Future]]></title>
<description><![CDATA[Back to the Future is a 1985 American science fiction film...]]></description>
<media:content url="http://www.example.com/video/12345_back_to_the_future.mp4" width="1280" height="720" bitrate="3317" filesize="1326739508" duration="6960" type="video/quicktime" lang="en" />
<media:keywords><![CDATA[DeLorean, Time Machine, Back to the Future]]></media:keywords>
The following metadata is required:
- Dailymotion Namespace: Defined as xmlns:dm="http://www.dailymotion.com/dmrss/" for paramter configuration (list of parameters).
- Video Title and Description: These must be wrapped into the CDATA tag so that the content inside is general character data rather than non-character data.
- Video Category: One from this list of categories.
- GUID: A unique 64 character key set by the partner for each video.
- Video URL: Defined within the metadata media:content.
You can also provide an XML file with the mandatory fields (title, description, category, GUID and URL). We will need a map of these items.
You can also use a CSV file using this template.
- Fill in the metadata on line 6 and column B. The first rows are examples.
- In the description, there should be no HTML language, only text.
- Create one CSV per account.
WARNING: be very careful when fill in columns F and G:
column F - GUID: this is a unique and persistent identifier of the video provided by the partner. There must be no space in the GUID and it should not contain more than 64 characters.
column G - source URL: these are the links for each video. The URLs on the CSV file must correspond with the URLs on the server. For instance, if the file is on a FTP with a login and password, the URL must contain this information. There must be no spaces in the URL.
Note: Once the excel is complete, you need to convert it to CSV using UTF-8 encoding. If you don't use UTF-8, it won't work. If your version of excel doesn't give the option, you should save your file in excel format and then open it in either Google doc or OpenOffice where you have the option to encode in UTF-8.