This page tells you the types of annotations and how to customize them. Learn how to add annotations to a video here.
Types of Annotations
- Link: This annotation links to a URL or timestamp.
- Channel: This annotation provides a subscription link for a Dailymotion channel.
- Video Preview: This annotation shows a video preview of another Dailymotion video and links to that video.
- Text: This annotation displays text.
Once in the annotation editing screen, you can customize an annotation by using the fields on the right of the page. You can preview annotations in the preview player Editing fields include:
- Annotation Dropdown: Use this to switch between different annotation types.
- Start: This is the annotation's start time.
- End: This is the annotation's start time.
- Pause Option: Choose whether to pause the video when the annotation appears.
- Text: Write the text you would like to appear in your annotation (Link and Text annotations only).
- Link/Jump To: Select Link to insert a hyperlink for your annotation, or select Jump To to insert a timestamp that will move viewers (Link and Text annotations only).
- Theme: Customize Background Color, Font Color, Border Color, Border Width, Border Radius, and Position (Link and Text annotations only).
- Channel: Enter a channel URL for viewers to subscribe to. (Channel annotations only).
- Video URL: Enter a Dailymotion video URL to link to. (Video Preview annotations only).
- Save: Save your annotation.
- Reset: Reset all fields for currently selected annotation.
- Delete: Delete currently selected annotation
- You can reposition and resize annotations by using click and drag controls on the annotation in the preview player.