Limit who can view and comment on your video.
- Go to a video page and click the small pencil icon below the video to access the Video Information and Settings page.
- Scroll down to the Privacy section, and click the arrow.
- Choose your video's visibility. You have three options:
- Public: Public videos are viewable by everyone and appear in search results and elsewhere on Dailymotion.
- Private: Private videos are viewable only by you and never appear in search results nor elsewhere on Dailymotion.
- Password protected: Password protected videos are viewable only by users with a password you create and never appear in search results nor elsewhere on Dailymotion. When embedded, a password is still required for viewing.
Note: You can also choose publication dates that specify when your video is viewable.
Note: The password will always be viewable in the Video Information and Settings page. To change the password, simply click Change password. To learn about sharing password protected videos, read our video sharing article.