Here are some tips and examples for maximizing the value of using annotations.
- Avoid placing annotations in the top right corner of the video frame so as not to obstruct the player controls.
- Do not cover the actual content. Annotations should only add value to your video, not reduce it.
- Too many annotations can be frustrating to a user. Less is more.
- Keep text in the annotation short and to the point.
- Make sure annotations at the end of your video open in the same window.
Here is an example of each annotation in action: