Dailymotion is a simple and highly reliable platform for live streaming events. You can stream video in HD (up to 1080P) and keep track of everything afterwards using our video analytics.
Note: To use live streaming functionality, you must be a partner.
Creating a Live Stream with Dailymotion is easy. Follow the steps below to get streaming.
- Upload a video to your channel as a placeholder. It must be over 30 seconds.
Tip: Generally a slate summarizing your stream's purpose is best.
Note: You can start sharing your video before the live event starts. The URL and embed codes will remain the same once the stream begins.
- Go to your video's page and then click the Edit button on the upper left of the video player or click the pencil icon below the player on the right.
- Scroll down and expand the Live or Simulcast preferences by clicking the arrow next to the section title.
- Choose Live from the radial menu.
- Choose settings for your stream, such as Start Time, Duration, and Recurrence.
Note: The format for duration is 1d2h34m (1 day, 2 hours, 34 minutes).
- Click the Save button and record the provided Server and Stream Name.
Note: These two parameters must be copied exactly as provided for use with your encoder software.
- Set up your encoder. We recommend:
- Xsplit broadcaster
- OBS (Open Broadcast Software)
- Adobe Flash Media Encoder (used below in example)
- Configure your encoder's video and audio stream settings.
- Enter your provided Server address and Stream Name to your encoder.
- Start your encoder software to push your stream live.
Tip: If you would like to record your stream, edit your video and click the Start Record button in the Live or Simulcast settings. Click the Stop Record button to stop recording. Once you stream is over, the video will be uploaded to your channel. Learn more.
Tip: You can chat with viewers by connecting a chat plug-in. Edit your video and connect your plug-in in the Live or Simulcast settings. Learn more.
Tip: You can also launch an ad break during your live stream by clicking the Launch Ad-Break button below the video player. A 30 second ad will then be launched.