Welcome to the last Release Note of 2023!
2024 is already there, but let's go through the latest updates we introduced in the last quarter of 2023:
- Our new Free Trial enables you to try our video solutions for Pro contract-free
New features have been released, such as AI-driven recommendations and promoted hashtags
- Dailymotion Player is now compatible with Google Analytics 4 (GA4) and Marfeel to track Player performance
- Native SDKs have been refined with the introduction of fullscreen implementation (out-of-the-box & custom) and the creation of new sample apps on Android (already available on iOS)
- Developer documentation has been improved with the navigation revamp of the Developer Portal and the introduction of a search bar
Learn more about these exciting new improvements and much more below!
If you have any question, please reach out to your assigned Manager or our Support team, we're here to help you!
Keep your audience engaged with AI-driven recommendation models
Our AI-driven recommendation algorithms generate a selection of recommended videos for your audience, optimized for Monetization, Engagement or Views.
It works like a playlist, without the hassle of curating one yourself, making sure it improves KPIs that matter to you :
Try Dailymotion's video solutions - no strings attached - with the free trial
You're curious to try our video Player solutions but you don't want to commit with a contract yet: our free trial is here for you!
Explore our video solutions for Pro at no cost, create custom Players, embed videos without any ads and test the features and functionalities available.
Note: The free trial is available when signing up with an email not yet registered at Dailymotion
Track your embed performance with Google Analytics 4
The Dailymotion Player now supports Google Analytics 4!
Connect your Dailymotion Player data with your Google Analytics by setting up an event tracking configuration via Google Task Manager.
Follow the GA4 setup guide
Connect your Player data to Marfeel analytics dashboard
If you're already a Marfeel user, you can now easily connect your embed Player data to your Marfeel analytics dashboard and get a comprehensive view of both editorial and video content performance in one platform.
Setting it up doesn't require complex coding: just a few clicks and you're good to go!
Check the Marfeel integration guide
Developers & API
Implement fullscreen on your native apps
We've recently introduced a brand new fullscreen feature in our Android and iOS SDKs, giving you control over your native apps display mode with the two available options:
- Out-of-the-box implementation for a ready-to-go fullscreen mode
- Custom implementation to tailor your own fullscreen display
Explore the Android SDK with new sample applications
Our Android SDK now comes with brand new sample applications to provide an overview of what you can achieve with the SDK.
It comes with 2 key components:
- Android sample app: download the sample app on your device and explore the functionalities of the SDK in a user-friendly UI with demo videos
- Source code: available on GitHub for deeper insights so you can customize and integrate the SDK
If you haven't checked it yet, consult the full Android SDK documentation.
Sample apps are also available for the iOS SDK here
Explore the new Developer Portal
Our Developer Portal has been revamped to make your life easier and facilitate access to Dailymotion's documentation.
You can now enjoy the new navigation and search bar to find what you're looking for within seconds!
The new structure has been designed as follow:
- Guides built around user journey to help developers easily get started with our APIs
- API Reference listing the fields and filters available for each object of our APIs for you to build your own applications
- SDKs in different languages to interact with the Platform API or embed the Player on Web, Android and iOS environments
Tools with the different developer tools available to streamline your API usage and Player embeds
Dailymotion & Apps
Let your hashtags be in the spotlight
We have released a new feature on our Android and iOS app called "Spotlight", designed to showcase a specific hashtag on the first video of the home feed.
- Showcase your hashtags: Ideal for Creators, media and brands to discuss hot topics with your community or highlight hashtags from marketing campaigns
- Maximize reach and build a strong community: Users can click on the "Spotlight" hashtag to explore, watch all the associated videos and react
Bring your hashtags in the spotlight! Reach out to your Dailymotion Content Manager if you're interested in the feature.
Note: This feature is only available in France for now
Mobile app features available in more countries
React, hashtags, comments and public upload for Users are now available in more countries!
Check the details below, and learn more about each feature by checking the dedicated article.
|France, Belgium, Switzerland, United States, United Kingdom, Italy and Spain
|France, United Kingdom, Italy and Spain
|France, Belgium, Switzerland, United States
|Videos in Public mode for Users
|France, United States, United Kingdom, Italy and Spain
We'll keep you posted for more country availabilities in the coming months!