Dailymotion is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Dailymotion takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of our products:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal processes and policies.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Promote a culture that cares about accessibility and diversity.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
Dailymotion is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Dailymotion. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Dailymotion: https://faq.dailymotion.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Dailymotion is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Safari with Voiceover on macOS and iOS
- Narrator with Edge on Windows
- Talkback with Chrome on Android
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure the accessibility of Dailymotion, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Dailymotion
Captions may not be available for all videos:
- We provide an interface for content creators to upload captions for their videos, but cannot ensure the quality of contributions.
- We are gradually rolling out automatically-generated captions, which can be activated via the player menu.
- The quality of these captions is dependent on the quality of the audio content.
Text transcripts may not be available for all videos:
- We use captions to generate text transcripts, so if a video has no captions there will be no transcript.
- As we roll out automatically-generated captions, more videos will have a text-transcript available.
- The accuracy of these transcripts is dependent on the quality of the audio content
User generated content (eg. comments, video reactions):
Uploaded images and videos may not have text alternatives because we cannot ensure the quality of contributions.
This statement was created on 27 April 2023 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.