When you embed a playlist with the Dailymotion Player, you have the possibility to activate an extra tab with automatic recommendations to give your audience access to additional content.
In this article, we'll show you how to embed a playlist with automatic recommendations to optimize user engagement and ad revenue.
Why is it interesting to combine playlist embed and automatic recommendations?
Combining playlist embed with our automatic recommendations enables you to improve your overall ad performances:
Content discovery - With the automatic recommendations, you can easily suggest relevant content combined to your playlist and make users discover new videos related to yours
Enhanced user engagement and longer viewing sessions - Playlists and recommendations combined help you keep viewers engaged. By offering a wider range of relevant content, users are more likely to engage with more than 1 video
- Increased monetization - Longer viewing sessions and engaged users result in higher ad impressions and higher monetization
1- Create a custom Player with automatic recommendations activated
As a first step, you need to configure a Player with the setting Automatic Recommendations enabled. This setting allows you to automatically serve a list of recommended videos related to each video within your playlist.
- From your Dailymotion Studio, go to Embeds > Players
- You can either edit an existing Player, or create a new dedicated one
- Toggle on the setting Automatic recommendations, and Save
- Remember your Player label for next step
For a seamless playback experience, we strongly advise enabling Autonext in your Player configuration: each subsequent video within your playlist will automatically be played 6 seconds after the end of the previous one.
2- Embed a playlist with your custom Player
You can now retrieve the embed code for your playlist:
- From your Dailymotion Studio, go to Media > Playlists
- Click the menu on the right of the playlist you want to embed
- Click the Embed video option
- From the dropdown menu, select the Player from the previous step
Depending on your needs, you can adjust the other options available (SEO, etc)
- Copy the integration code that best fit your needs (Embed Script or iFrame) and use it on your website
That's it! Following these steps, you now have embedded a Player that combines two tabs:
- Playlist where viewers have access to the first 30 videos within your playlist
Recommended which lets viewers discover related videos picked by our algorithm
How can viewers access the Playlist and Recommended tabs?
At video end
These 2 tabs Playlist & Recommended aren't accessible on Picture-in-Picture Player