Welcome to Dailymotion Release Note for the second quarter of 2023!
This quarter, we developed the awaited Single Sign-On (SSO) feature, improved our iOS SDK and opened our new Android SDK (validated by Google) for testing.
Learn more about these exciting new product releases and much more below!
If you have any question, please reach out to your assigned Account Manager or our Support team, we're here to help you!
Simplify your login experience with Single Sign-On (SSO)
We're excited to announce the launch of our newest feature: Single Sign-On login on Dailymotion Studio.
If you're part of a larger company, you will now be able to set up SSO on your Dailymotion Studio account, which allows the following:
- existing Organization users can log in with their existing SSO credentials from Okta, Azure AD or any other third-party identity provider
- new Organization users can be added on-the-fly to your Dailymotion account with Just-in-time (JIT) user provisioning via business email domain recognition
Upgrade your login experience
SSO is a paid feature: Reach out to your assigned Account Manager or our Support Team to subscribe
Say hello to "Dailymotion Studio"
In parallel to Dailymotion rebranding, the Partner Space has become the "Dailymotion Studio".
The main functionalities of your Dailymotion Studio remain the same, however, we are progressively bringing it to the next level by making sure that every section is optimised on mobile and easy to use. You can find below more details on some of the newly revamped sections: Earnings page and Player configurator.
Keep a clear overview of your earnings
The interface and usability of your Dailymotion Studio Earnings section have been improved:
- Balance progression bar indicating if the required payout threshold has been reached
- Upcoming payments with status and estimated payout date
- Troubleshooting messages in case of payment failure
- Invoices gathered in a dedicated section
See more details about:
Boost monetization with your Player configuration
While we've added a lot of new toggles in the Player configurator these past months, the interface has been improved lately and reorganized to make it more accessible and help you make informed choices regarding monetization:
- Monetization icon : highlights features with direct impact on monetization - We recommend enabling all toggles marked with this icon to maximize your monetization opportunities
- Player preview: always visible, even on mobile
- Reorganization: features grouped by categories for easy navigation
- New toggles: addition of Autoskip and PiP interface for Google Ads which used to be available programatically only
- Player ID: easy copy in 1 click from the Players list and within the Player configurator
Learn more about each available Player setting.
Import and manage Podcasts on Dailymotion Studio
Our new Podcast feature in now open for testing!
Reach out to your assigned Account Manager or our Support Team to access it.
With this feature you can manage all your shows - existing and new ones - directly in your Dailymotion Studio. Overall, you'll be able to:
- Create and manage podcasts
- Import podcasts from third-party platforms
- Distribute podcasts on third-party platforms via RSS feed
- Embed podcasts
Learn more about how to create and manage Podcasts.
Increase ad revenues with automatic recommendations
Our automatic recommendations algorithm allows you to suggest tailored content to your audience at the end of your videos and broaden the reach of your ad sellable inventory by fostering longer viewing sessions.
Partners who already enabled Automatic recommendations increased their daily ad sellable inventory by 16% on average.
Automatic recommendations can be easily enabled on your Players from your Player configurator in the Dailymotion Studio.
Check our dedicated guide to create and customize a Player.
Hide the Dailymotion logo to align your Player aesthetics with your branding
If you want to perfectly align your branding preferences with your Player aesthetics, you can chose whether you want to hide the Dailymotion logo from your Player embeds by unlocking the access to dedicated toggles in your Dailymotion Studio.
More information about Player parameters
Upgrade your Player aesthetics
Hiding the Dailymotion logo from your Player embeds is a paid feature: Reach out to your assigned Account Manager or our Support team to add it to your plan
Developers & API
Switch to this new package to benefit from our latest Player features and optimization for your Android applications.
iOS SDK improvements
New improvements and fixes have been introduced to our iOS SDK, which includes:
- Native PiP optimization
- Fix to facilitate passing multiple ads params with
- Enhancements in fullscreen mode with the removal of the safe bar area and the possibility to set different fullscreen orientations with setFullscreen() method
Dailymotion oEmbed protocol is getting a lift
Since end of June 2023, our oEmbed response returns a new embed code in the
dailymotion.com/embed/video/VIDEO_ID we are now returning the same endpoint than our Player Embed Script:
With this format, you can choose to embed videos with a custom Player by simply passing your unique Player ID in the new
- Dailymotion oEmbed (protocol, parameters and example call & JSON response)
- How to create a custom Player
The Jukebox playlist embed has been deprecated end of May 2023. All Jukebox embeds are now returning a 404 error page.
To embed playlists, please use one of our recommended methods.
Embed a playlist with a custom Player:
Embed a playlist with a default Player:
Dailymotion & Apps
Welcome our new brand positioning
This last May, we've rolled out Dailymotion new brand positioning on all platforms, with a new logo, a bold wordmark and a vibrant color palette!
We hope you'll love it as much as we do!
Improve content accessibility with autogenerated subtitles
We are improving video accessibility by introducing autogenerated subtitles in french on all content on our platforms, allowing viewers with hearing impairments or a preference for muted videos to fully enjoy your content.
The autogenerated subtitles are seamlessly integrated into our Player and automatically added during the upload process without further action needed on your side. Users can choose to toggle them on or off according to their preferences.
Other languages than French will soon be available!
Get closer to your audience, know who's following you
You can now see your list of followers (and the accounts you're following) directly from your channel profile on your Android / iOS app by clicking on "Followers" / "Following".
At a glance, you can easily access valuable information about your followers and get a better understanding of your audience, enabling you to curate content that resonates with them.