Before setting up SSO between your Dailymotion channel and Okta, please make sure you comply with the following requirements:
Set up SSO with Okta
Once you meet the above requirements, follow this step-by-step guide to set up SSO with Okta on your Dailymotion account:
Step 1: Register a new application in Okta
- Open Okta Admin, navigate to Applications → Applications → Create App Integration
- Select OIDC - OpenID Connect
- Select Single-Page Application and click Next
- Name your application ex. Dailymotion
- Select Grant type as Implicit (hybrid)
- Change the Sign-in redirect URIs for https://partner.api.dailymotion.com/oauth/v1/sso/login-callback
- In Assignments, select your required assignment as needed, and click Save
- In General → General Settings → Application → Grant type, make sure to select Allow ID Token with implicit grant type
- Copy your Client ID and Okta URL
Okta URL ends with .okta.com and can be found in the top right corner
Step 2: Assign a test user to the app in Okta
- In Okta → Applications → Applications, open the app registered in step 1
- Go to Assignments → Assign to assign a test user to this app
Make sure this user isn't part of your Dailymotion Organization yet, that it uses your business email domain and that you have its credentials
You can test the login and Just-in-time (JIT) flows once your SSO configuration is set up on your Dailymotion Studio with step 3.
Step 3: Set up SSO configuration in Dailymotion
Now that you created a new application in your Okta account, you can set up SSO in your Dailymotion Studio.
SSO can only be set up by the Owner of the Dailymotion Organization
More info about roles & permissions
- Log into your Dailymotion Studio and go to Organization Settings → Single sign-On → Set up SSO
- Select Okta as your identity provider
- Paste in your Okta URL and Client ID retrieved in Step 1.9
- In Just-in-time user provisioning:
- Enter your company's email domain
- Define the default user permission for all new users Admin or Editor
SSO should now be successfully configured on your Dailymotion Organization!
Step 4: Test SSO connection
Check that your SSO connection is working:
- Log out from your Dailymotion Studio
- Enter the test user email assigned in step 2.2 and click Login
- You should be redirected to Okta sign in page where you can enter your test user credentials
You should now be successfully logged in your Dailymotion Studio via your Okta SSO set up.
If you log in again with your Owner account, you should see your new user in Organization Settings → Users.
Step 5: Assign users
You successfully set up SSO on your Dailymotion Studio with Okta!
You can now assign users to this registered app in Okta → Directory → People or Groups.
Any assigned user that already exists within your Dailymotion Organisation will be able to login to your Dailymotion Studio with their existing SSO credentials.
Any new user added on-the-fly to your Organization will be automatically provisioned with the default permissions set during SSO setup (step 3.4).
Troubleshoot your SSO set up
Email doesn’t exist
We couldn't find an account matching with the specified email.
Make sure that:
- the email is correct and has been assigned in your Okta users list
- you subscribed to our SSO paid feature to have it enabled on your Dailymotion account
User limit reached
SSO not enabled