Our video player sits right at the heart of Dailymotion's experience. We have totally redesigned this feature to offer an even sharper, faster and seamless experience across all screens including in our native apps. Our video player is available cross-device and on our native applications.
Actions Within The Player
- Seek in the video by tapping (placing your mouse) on the blue bar and moving along frame by frame. Select the frame to skip to that part of the video
- Full-screen mode: use the button in the bottom right-hand corner to switch to full screen mode
- Volume: Adjust the volume by using the using the speaker icon in the bottom right-hand corner
- Video quality: adjust the quality of the video, using the settings switch in the top right-hand corner.
- Chromecast / AirPlay: our player supports both Chromecast and Air Play automatically detecting when a connexion is available. Both symbols appear in the bottom right-hand corner, and tapping on either one displays the casting menu.
The player functions are not visible when a video is playing (we don't want to distract you from what you're watching). To pull up the function buttons, simply tap on the screen or mouse over any part of the player and they'll appear. After a certain lapse of time without any action on the player, the function buttons will disappear again.
Actions On Videos (below the player)
In order of appearance from left to right.
- Like: show your appreciation for a particular video by tapping the heart icon.
- Watch Later: denoted by a clock, will let you save a video to watch later on.
- Share: share videos via the button that looks like a paper airplane just underneath the player. Tapping on this button will display sharing options: social media, copy/paste link and embed video option.
- Add to Playlist: The playlist feature is represented by a rectangle containing a plus sign. Positioned below the player, tapping this button allows you to add the video in question to an existing playlist or create a brand-new one.
For all of these features, except the sharing feature require you to be signed in.
Full Screen Mode
When watching in full-screen mode all of the player functions are still available.