There are a few different ways to upload videos on dailymotion en masse.
To upload a large video catalog, please contact your content manager.
We use standard specs according to W3C (World Wide Web Consortium).
The following metadata is required:
- Dailymotion Namespace: Defined as xmlns:dm="http://www.dailymotion.com/dmrss/" for parameter configuration (list of parameters).
- Video Title and Description: These must be wrapped into the CDATA tag so that the content inside is general character data rather than non-character data.
- Video Category: One from this list of categories.
- GUID: A unique 64 character key set by the partner for each video.
- Video URL: Defined within the metadata media:content.
You can also provide an XML file with the mandatory fields (title, description, category, GUID and URL). We will need a map of these items.
You can also use a CSV file using this template.
- Fill in the metadata on line 6 and column B. The first rows are examples.
- In the description, there should be no HTML language, only text.
- Create one CSV per account.
WARNING: be very careful when filling in columns F and G:
column F - GUID: this is a unique and persistent identifier of the video provided by the partner. There must be no space in the GUID and it should not contain more than 64 characters.
column G - source URL: these are the links for each video. The URLs on the CSV file must correspond with the URLs on the server. For instance, if the file is on a FTP with a login and password, the URL must contain this information. There must be no spaces in the URL.
Note: If using excel, you need to convert to CSV using UTF-8 encoding. If you don't use UTF-8, your uploads will fail. If your version of excel doesn't allow you to do this, you should save your file in excel format and then open it in either Google Docs or OpenOffice so you can encode in UTF-8.