Your Dailymotion Studio enables you to embed content by generating embed codes pre-filled with custom Player ID and content ID.
The dedicated module allows you to access different embed options.
In this article, we'll show you how to easily embed content by retrieving an embed code with your custom Player ID already defined.
Create a custom Player configuration
Each channel has a default Player configuration when starting.
In order to build your own watching experience, we recommend creating a custom Player configuration and define parameters that fits your needs as a first step before embedding content on your domain.
Why is it important to embed with a custom Player configuration?
Each of your Players has its own ID that carries the parameters you defined.
When embedded in your embed code, this ID also enables you to track content on your properties and collect performance data.
Here are the main reasons why embedding content with a custom Player ID is important:
Performance tracking - The Player ID allows you to precisely track the performance metrics of each embedded Player. From your Dailymotion Studio Analytics dashboard, you can monitor views, engagement, earnings and more for each Player embed and see which ones perform best
Monetization accuracy - Your Player ID ensures that ad impressions and earnings generated by each Player are accurately attributed
Player consistency - Your Player parameters are centralized and defined directly on the Dailymotion Studio. Embedding a Player ID ensures consistency in your Players' behavior from one domain to the other
- Easy maintenance - You can modify Player parameters centrally from your Player configuration page. These changes will automatically apply to all Player embeds identified with the corresponding Player ID
Retrieve an embed code
With Dailymotion's embed methods, your Player ID is passed directly within the embed code. You can retrieve it from your Dailymotion Studio and choose which Player configuration you want to use.
This can be done in just a few steps. Please note that the steps are the same for videos, lives and playlists.
- From your Dailymotion Studio, go to Media > Videos / Live / Playlist
- Click on the 3 dots next to the content you want to embed
- Click on Embed video
A popup window opens to let you configure your embed code:
- From the dropdown menu, select one of your custom Players
The settings defined in your custom Player configuration will apply
- If you're embedding a video or a live, you can decide if you want it to be followed by one of your playlists
- Depending on your needs, you can adjust the other options available (SEO, etc)
- Copy the embed code that best fit your needs (Embed Script or iFrame) and use it on the domain where you want to display your content
With this easy solution, you retrieved an embed code in just a few clicks to integrate videos, lives and playlists on your domains with a fully customized Player that can be tracked and managed from your Dailymotion Studio.