The Domain and App restrictions feature enables you to protect your content by making sure that only specific apps and domains can display it.
The feature Domain and App restrictions is a paid feature. If you're interested, please contact your designated Account Manager or our Support Team so we can add it to your plan.
Manage your Domain and App restrictions
Dailymotion offers the possibility to set restrictions at 2 levels:
The defined rule will apply to all the videos on your channel (even already uploaded ones):
- From your Dailymotion Studio, navigate to Channel > Advanced
- Define the rules to apply on your channel with the Domain restrictions and App restrictions fields:
- None: your videos can be played on any domain / app. You can choose this option and set a different setting on specific videos (see next section for restrictions at Video level).
- Allow access only to: your videos can only be played on the specified domains / apps
- Block access only to: your videos are blocked on the specified domains / apps
If only some of your videos need specific restrictions, define them at the video level:
- From your Dailymotion Studio, navigate to Media > Video
- Open the video you want to edit and go in Advanced
- Define the rules to apply on your video with the Domain restrictions and App restrictions fields:
- Inherit rules from the channel: the restrictions defined at the channel level will apply on this video
- Allow access only to: this video can only be played on the specified domains / apps. The rules set at the channel level are overridden.
- Block access only to: this video is blocked on the specified domains / apps. The rules set at the channel level are overridden.
Please allow 5 minutes for the defined rules to take effect
Domain restrictions: Which format for domains?
App restrictions: Where can I find App IDs?
You need the Bundle ID of iOS apps. Here is how you can retrieve it:
Find on the AppStore the app you want to allow / block
Let's take Dailymotion as an example: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/dailymotion/id336978041
(this serves as an example only - see in section below "Can I restrict Dailymotion properties?" why you might not be able to restrict our properties)
Copy the App ID
Paste it into this URL after "id=":
- Open the retrieved file and search for “bundleId”
Example: for Dailymotion, you will find com.dailymotion.dailymotion
This is the Bundle ID to add in the App restrictions field
The Android App ID is available in the PlayStore URL of the app:
Find on the PlayStore the app you want to allow / block
- The App ID here is com.example.example
This is the App ID to add in the App restrictions field
You can add up to 20 domains & apps in each dedicated field. If you need more, please reach out to your designated Account Manager or our Support Team so we can add them for you.
Can I restrict Dailymotion properties?
Restricting Dailymotion properties is an extra plan feature. Please reach out to your designated Account Manager or our Support Team to include it in your subscription plan.
Can I use wildcards?
Yes, you can add a wildcard to specify all subdomains for a domain.
Example: if you add *.mydomain.com
It will match all of its subdomains, i.e. sports.mydomain.com, news.mydomain.com etc